SINOLIFT MATERIAL HANDLING EQUIPMENT CORP.
Add: No. 2471-2477 Dachuan Road, Nanhui Industry park, Pudong new District, Shanghai, P. R. China 201314.
Tel: 0086-21-68014500 58003681
Fax: 0086-21-68014262 68038190
Contact Person: Mr. David deng
1. The reach truck is a loading device that is used by a number of different types of businesses that maintain a storage area that involves the arrangement of supplies and finished goods on pallets that are inserted into tall shelving structures. The reach truck provides safe and easy retrieval of the loaded pallets, as well as efficiently storing pallets of goods that are not required for immediate use. Here is a description of the basic reach truck, as well as examples of the three main types of reach trucks.
2. The basic reach truck has an outrigging mechanism on the front of the truck. Mounted to the outrigging is a set of telescoping forks that move up and down. The forks also include a hydraulic setup that allows the operator to pick up the load and reposition it over the outriggers. This not only provides a more even balance of the load, but also makes it easier to maneuver the reach truck into narrow aisles between the storage shelves.
3. When the reach truck arrives at the shelves designated for the pallet, the hydraulics allow the forks to swing and lower the pallet into the shelving, sliding the pallet into place. Generally, a reach truck will easily fit into an aisle that is less than ten feet across with no problem, assuming there are not pallets sticking out from the shelving.
4. There are several models of the reach truck. The stand-up reach model is the most simple. Essentially, this basic reach truck will slide the forks under the pallet, transport it to the desired storage location, and slide it into place. For shelving units that are no deeper than required to place one pallet of goods, this type of reach truck is ideal.
5. The double-deep reach truck performs in the same basic manner as the stand-up type, but has telescopic forks that are long enough to slide a pallet into place when the shelves are deep enough to accommodate two pallets of goods. Because the double-deep reach truck can easily place the pallet at the back of the shelving unit, there is no need to push the pallet back when there is another pallet to go into the same shelving section.
6. Straddle reaches are a third variation of the reach truck. Essentially a mode of reach truck that can not only slide under the pallet, but also grab the sides as well, the straddle reach model works well when grasping the sides of the pallet and goods will not result in damage. These can be helpful when the shelving units are accessible for more than one direction, allowing the easy retrieval of a pallet that may be third or fourth in the line.
7. Warehouses often make use of one or more types of the reach truck, as well as the supply areas for many textile firms and manufacturing facilities. Using a reach truck to store supplies, pallets of finished goods, and in general to keep the storage area in order is a common practice. As a device that is easy to operate, the reach truck can help make better use of both time and available storage space.